Shell Tivela S 150 is an advanced synthetic heavy duty industrial gear oil formulated using specially selected polyalkylene glycol base fluids and additives. It offers outstanding lubrication performance under severe operating conditions, including improved energy efficiency, long service life and high resistance to micro-pitting.
• Enclosed industrial reduction gear systems operating under severe operating conditions,such as high load, very low or elevated temperatures and wide temperature variations.
• Worm gears.
• Particularly recommended for certain ‘lubricated-for-life’ systems.
• Bearing and circulation systems such as calendars, where high bulk oil temperatures are found.
• Plain and rolling element bearings.
Shell Tivela S is not recommended for the lubrication of worm gears manufactured from aluminium containing bronze alloys.
Performance Features and Benefits
• Excellent load carrying capacity and micropitting performance. Provides high levels of load carrying capacity even under shock loading conditions, along with high resistance to micro-puffing (grey staining). These features provide benefits over mineral oil based products in terms of gear and bearing component life.
• Superior lubricant performance improving gear efficiency. Tivela S offers improved energy efficiency and lower operating temperatures in worm gear applications. Rig testing has shown efficiency improvements of up to 15% in comparison with mineral oil-based products and 11% over other synthetic hydrocarbon-based lubricants. These results have been confirmed by OEM testing and field experience.
• Excellent oxidation and thermal stability extending lubricant life Resists the formation of harmful oxidation products at high operating temperatures,improving system cleanliness and therefore reliability of the equipment. Tivela S is formally approved by Flender AG as providing a lifetime of at least 20,000 hours or four years at bulk operating temperatures of up to 80°C.
• Longer service intervals Extended component and lubricant life offers the opportunity to extend service intervals and to reduce maintenance and disposal costs.
• Excellent rust and corrosion protection of all metal surfaces.