PetroFlo HVAC-511 Heat Transfer Fluid is a fully-formulated containing an inhibitor additive package that controls corrosion of metals, helps prevent scaling and fouling of heat transfer surfaces and buffers the pH to maintain it in the optimum operating range. It was specifically developed for use in heavy-duty industrial applications, including use as a coolant in large stationary engines that drive natural gas compressors and in process heating/cooling systems in refineries and chemical plants.
PetroFlo HVAC-511 Heat Transfer Fluid meets or exceeds ASTM D 1384, which is the industry-accepted multi-metal corrosion test. The inhibitor system is based on a high-phosphate, multi-component formulation which allows PetroFlo HVAC-511 Heat Transfer Fluid to meet or exceed the specifications of the very best national brands on the market, including Ambitrol CN*, Norkool*, Dowtherm* SR-1 and Ucartherm*. It is also stable when mixed with water containing up to 350 ppm total hardness. PetroFlo HVAC-511 Heat Transfer Fluid contains a minimum of 95.4% (vol.) ethylene glycol, and 4.6% (vol.) deionized water, inhibitors and other performance enhancing additives.
• Cooling systems for large stationary engines that drive natural gas and other compressors
• Natural gas pipeline line heaters and bath heaters
• Cooling systems for electrical generator set engines
• Power plant combustion air preheaters
• Refinery and chemical plant high load heating/cooling systems
• Pulp and paper processing plant heating/cooling systems
PetroFlo HVAC-511 Heat Transfer Fluid has been formulated to meet the requirements of the following ASTM standards:
• Food Chemicals Codex (4th Edition)
• ASTM D 1384 Corrosion in glassware of steel, cast iron, aluminum, copper, brass and solder.
• ASTM D 2809 Water pump cavitation erosion/corrosion test
• ASTM D 1881 Foaming tendency test
• ASTM D 4340 Aluminum corrosion at heat transfer surfaces
• ASTM D 2570 Simulated service metal coupon corrosion test